December 7, 2010

Goodwill Hunting

I am a huge fan of thrift stores, antique shops, and junk stores. I’m lucky to have four thrift stores within a mile of my house. I try to visit them often, so I can keep tabs on the new arrivals. Thrift stores are a great source for inexpensive pots, canning jars, vases, gardening tools, baskets, books, kitchen supplies, and furniture. You may have to sift through a lot of sofas with mysterious stains before finding a gem, but there is often a lot of nice looking stuff. If you are creative and willing to do a little work, some of the more “weathered” thrift store furniture can be refurbished for fairly cheap.


My latest find is this four-tined rake. I picked this up for $2.02! It will be great for getting into tight spots for weeding and cultivating. It must be fairly old because they don’t make garden tools with wooden handles anymore (which is a shame because they so much easier to grip than the newer fiberglass tools).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...