March 25, 2011

More Beef Jerky

I made another batch of beef jerky using my new food dehydrator. This time I used bottom round instead of top round. Bottom round was on sale at the grocery store, so I thought I'd try it out. There is a lot more fat in the bottom round than the top round, so hopefully the jerky won't be too gristle-filled.

This is what 4 pounds of beef looks like.
I mixed my own marinade this time (I ran out of the packaged stuff that came with the dehydrator). I used Memphis steak seasoning, garlic salt, pepper, chili powder, and soy sauce.
The slices of beef were a bit thicker this time, so they will take longer to dry. My dehydrator is pretty efficient though and I expect it to take less than 12 hours.


2 comments:

  1. Green Zebra, I'd try slicing your beef across the grain, not with it - I think you'll find it a lot more pleasant and easier to chew. Just my two cents'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean. I had the butcher cut it for me, so some of the pieces were with the grain and some were across the grain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...