April 23, 2011

What I did last weekend...

It has taken me an entire week to download my photos from last weekend (there were a lot!). I can finally share some photos of the Spring Show and Plant Sale that I worked at last weekend. My graduate student organization sells ornamental grasses at the plant sale every year to raise money for scholarships, invited speakers, and group activities. Our ornamental grasses are just a small fraction of the total plants for sale. The undergraduate horticulture organization also sells trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, hanging baskets, fruit plants, and a few house plants.

This year's grass sale was another success! Many of our grasses were featured in the landscaped display that the undergraduate students build each year. The grass looked great and I think it helped customers envision how to use these plants in the landscape.

Our ornamental grasses in the landscaped conservatory display.

These forsythia sold quickly.

Students build everything from adirondack chairs to retaining walls. They even put down sod!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...