June 20, 2011

Homemade Pizza with Garlic Scapes and Cooked Greens

I was really happy to find garlic scapes at the farmer's market. I've never tried them before and the garlic I grow is the wrong kind for producing scapes.

I decided to make a vegetarian pizza with cooked greens from my garden (including arugula, chard, kale, and spinach) and sauteed garlic scapes from the farmer's market.


I was never fed cooked greens as a kid because my parents hated them, but I think they're great (especially when sauteed with garlic).

While not super attractive, the pizza was garlicky, semi-healthy (as far as pizza toppings go) and very delicious.


2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Great job on the pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Always fun trying to find recipes that use as much as possible from the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...