June 10, 2011

Planting Time

I finally got around to planting all my veggie seedlings last weekend (and I'm finally getting around to writing about it now). Let me tell you, it takes a long time to plant 54 tomatoes plus numerous cucumbers, zucchinis, peppers, tomatillos, gourds, pumpkins, and herbs. Phew!

The bed in the foreground is the only empty spot I have left. I'm planning on putting some pattypans and watermelons there...when I get a round to it. Directly behind the empty bed are some of my tomatoes.

I'm really happy I decided to smother and mulch the grass between my raised beds this year. It's so much easier to mow around rather than in between all the paths.

My lettuce bed is doing really well now.  Hopefully the 90 degree weather we are getting all of a sudden won't ruin things for me. Seriously, we went from April-like weather to August-like weather in about one week!

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is looking great! I finished planting the vegetables yesterday. Now onto a few more flowers around the place :)
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...