August 10, 2011

My Research Is In A Magazine!

Over a year ago, I conducted an experiment to test the use of abscisic acid for reducing drought stress of potted chrysanthemums and asters. This experiment was a little over-the-top in scale and even involved an entire semi-truck shipment of plants! It was a lot of fun, but probably the most time-consuming experiment I've done yet, mainly because it was completely condensed  into a week's time (a more typical experiment is spread across a couple months).

I'm happy to announce that our research the article was finally published in Greenhouse Grower Magazine's August issue. If you're curious about what abscisic acid has to do with drought stress, check out the article.

This particular experiment took up one very large greenhouse and another smaller one. I got to slowly kill off about 1,000 plants by not watering them (on purpose, to test the effectiveness of the chemical application). Despite the cruel things I had to do to the plants, they were absolutely beautiful for a few short days. I get to work at such an amazing place!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! It's so nice to have your work recognized and published to a wider audience.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...