June 27, 2011

Cactus and Lithops from Seed

I haven't posted lately about the cactus and lithops that I started from seed this spring (partially because I had them tucked away on my deck behind hundreds of vegetable seedlings that were stealing my attention most of the time. However, I recently moved my entire cacti and succulent collection to my picnic table. I've put them there each summer since I moved here and they really seem to do well outside all summer.

Some of the lithops are starting to crack open and grow their next set of "leaves". They are still really tiny (smaller than a pencil eraser).


The mixed cactus seedlings are doing really well. I don't think I've ever had them get this large the first year. The especially large ones are probably various types of opuntia because they always seem to grow faster. I should probably try to transplant some of them soon because they are forming a solid mat in some areas of the seed tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...