April 28, 2011

Cactus and Lithops Update

My cactus seedlings seem to be do especially well this year. I wonder if it is due to the added heat from my seedling heating mat. The cactus and succulent seedlings got to hold the coveted heat mat position for about  a month...until more important things (like tomatillos, peppers, and tomatoes) came along. Maybe just a few weeks of heat really did the trick.

Some of these seedlings are already larger than the ones I started a year ago! 

I was worried that my lithops seedlings weren't going to make it, but a few did. I think I kept them under the humidity dome for way too long because some of the seedlings got damping off. I thought maybe I would get a few more seeds to germinate if I kept the tray in the humidity dome, but it ended up harming the seedlings that had already germinated!

I didn't manage to kill all of my lithops seedlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...