April 29, 2011

My Seed Starting Area

Far Left: brassicas; Middle: tomatoes; Right: cacti and herbs.

My seed starting area in the basement is filling up fast! Now that I have my peppers, tomatillos, eggplant, groundcherries, and tomatoes all potted-up, lighted space is at a premium (especially because one of my five shop lights stopped working all of a sudden). Next weekend I will be starting gourds, pumpkins, cucumbers, and zucchinis, so I'm going to need a lot more space, and fast! Maybe I'll have to break down and buy two more shop lights (one to replace the broken one, and the other to maintain my 1-new-shop-light- per-year growth pattern that's been going on the last few years).

Left: perennial flowers and cilantro; Right: peppers, tomatillos, eggplants, ground cherries, and more perennial flowers (in humidity dome).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...