August 26, 2011

Disappointing Watermelon

I picked up a watermelon from the Amish vendors at the farmer's market last weekend. I was really excited because this was going to be my first taste of watermelon this summer. I cut it open and this is what I got:

Ugh!

Well, at least somebody got some satisfaction out of it.

I'm actually kind of worried because the Amish people must have sold like 30 or 40 watermelons that day. Maybe mine was a fluke? Hopefully they won't be getting a swarm of unhappy customers next weekend.

P.S. I do actually have a few small watermelons in my garden. I haven't harvested them yet (partially because they're still small, and partially because I don't know how to tell if they are ripe). Any suggestions on knowing when to harvest?


2 comments:

  1. Oh how disappointing, especially since you actually bought it! Maybe they'll give you another one free of charge next time. Watermelons are definitely present a challenge when gauging ripeness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...