August 15, 2011

Finally Some Tomatoes!

My tomatoes are finally started to roll in. I remember last year at this time, I was already on the tail end of tomato production, but I guess the cold spring really delayed things this year. I'm hoping to get enough tomatoes that I can have a decent selection at the farmer's market this coming weekend. I'm not sure what else I will sell other than tomatoes (basil? eggs? cucumbers? zucchini?).

Japanese Trifele tomatoes are oddly shaped. This one is is like a lumpy tri-cornered hat.

...And the bottom has some of the strangest fasciation I've ever seen!

These three gorgeous Creme Brulee tomatoes ripened all on the same day.

They look quite similar to Black Krim, but the flavor isn't as salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...