June 16, 2013

Father's Day Chimichurri

My Father's Day plans involves kebabs, so I thought I'd try making chimichurri. My herbs are out of control, so this was a good way to make a small dent in my supply. From my recipe search, it appears that most chimichurris include parsley and oregano as the main ingredients. I decided to add a couple extra herbs since I had them.

Here's what I started with: approximately 2 cups of parsley, 3 tablespoons of marjoram (similar to oregano), maybe another 3 tablespoons of cilantro, a small handful of garlic chives, nearly an entire head of garlic (but my garlic from last year is pretty small).


I whizzed these ingredients up in the food processor, then added 1 cup of olive oil, about 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar (what I had on hand), and salt and pepper. Normally chimichurri calls for red pepper flakes, but I left them out since my dad can't handle spicy food.


Since I strayed from the recipe, I'm not sure how legit my chimichurri is, but since it's basically herb pesto (without the nuts and cheese) I think you can play around with it a lot.


I think I better supply some breath mints...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...