December 19, 2011

Broccoli, Chicken, and Feta Cheese Pizza

I've been making a homemade pizza a few times each month during the last year (see my earlier posts on pizza with garlic scapes and cooked greens and pizza with bacon, greens, and tomato). We almost always use chicken instead of pepperoni and I always try to include some vegetables...so it can't be that unhealthy, right?

My most recent pie included chicken, broccoli sauteed in garlic, and feta cheese. Feta cheese has to be one of my favorite pizza toppings ever! It's a little too strong for me to eat "raw" in a salad or in a pita sandwich, but when you bake it on top of a pizza it gets mellower and gains a nice golden brown crust.
 
This pizza was a big hit with my boyfriend, who loves garlic. I wasn't sure if he would go for the broccoli pizza-concept, but we were both pretty happy with it.

1 comment:

  1. I love feta but I've never tried it on pizza. My favorite pizza topping is carmelized onion and spinach. Occasionally, I'll top it off with ground turkey since we don't eat red meat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...