October 10, 2011

BLT Pizza (kind of)

I've been having a lot of fun making homemade pizzas this summer. My boyfriend introduced me to the world of chicken pizza and it's now my favorite topping. The latest pizza did not have chicken (we were out), so we used bacon. I decided to do a play on a BLT sandwich using bacon, swiss chard (it's pretty close to lettuce, right?) and tomato (three different colors of heirlooms). I also included a ton of garlic.

It turned into a very colorful pizza! I've been using frozen pizza dough and it is so good! I don't think I'll ever go back to pizza dough mix. You have to plan ahead a little bit more if you're using the frozen dough, but the pizzas we've been making are almost as good (if not better) than from a real pizza place.

I still prefer chicken, but this was pretty good too!

2 comments:

  1. Your pizza is certainly deliciously colorful and I have to take your word about its flavor.

    I too love to make pizzas at home but being vegan and a health food freak, I make the dough out of whole grain flour and top it with a sprinkle of olive oil, tons of tofu, sliced tomatoes, onions, garlic and bell peppers (green, red, yellow). I then scatter oregano and a soy based cheese substitute and bake. Yummy!

    By the way, I love your blog and I visit it frequently. I have also incorporated your link within my OrchidCare.org site as a valuable resource for my visitors. Would you be willing to return the favor by placing my link right here in your Blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daedre. Thanks for the inclusion into your world of Green Zebra Market Garden. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...