May 21, 2011

Cat Grass

I thought I'd try growing some cat grass for the farmer's market (which starts two weeks from tomorrow). The seeds cost about $1.50 for a packet, which was enough for four pots. I'll probably sell each pot for $1 to $1.50, so it's a good deal on my end.


I discovered that this stuff grows crazy fast! Germination occurred in a couple days and the plants are of sellable size after only a week and a half. Hopefully there are some folks with hairball infested cats at the farmer's market.

I was recently at a pet food store and they were selling kits for growing cat crass (which cost something ridiculous like $8). The brand was claiming that "cat grass is better than oats!"...except that cat grass is oats dummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...