May 20, 2011

Board Meeting

I've been trying to figure out what to do with the mini wishing well that came with my house for over two years now. I don't understand the appeal of this kind of lawn ornamentation. It has absolutely no purpose and it's heavy as heck to move around the yard. I've tried selling it, giving it away, hiding it behind bushes, and now I think it has finally found its true calling...chicken perch and crap collector.


My chickens love perching around the edge of the well. Often, I'll find all of them sitting around the edge (facing inward) as if they are having a secret board meeting. The wishing well not only provides perching sites, but it also provides some shade and protection from rain.


I wonder how long it will take before the ring of chicken poo completely burns the grass around the wishing well.


My chickens are now 3 months old...only 2 more months before I start getting eggs!


P.S. Have you become a follower of this blog yet? If not, add yourself using the "SUBSCRIBE TO THE GREEN ZEBRA" or "FOLLOW THE GREEN ZEBRA BY EMAIL" widget on my sidebar or add "http://greenzebramarketgarden.blogspot.com/" to your blog reader.

1 comment:

  1. They're cute, but not in the same way they were as little chicks. I've never understood those wells either. Glad you found a reason for yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...