May 19, 2011

Squashy Crops Going Strong

The mishmash of cucumber, melons, watermelons, zucchinis, pattypans, ornamental gourds, and pumpkins that I started a few days ago a week ago (thanks blogger for making my original post disappear) are already going strong...lots of roots poking out of the peat pellets and healthy cotyledons. Come to think of it, I should probably space the peat pellets out a bit before they start growing into one another.


Peat pellets are great for air circulation, but the roots can easily invade neighboring pellets if allowed.
Gourd and watermelon seedlings

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I was shocked at how big and fast my squash took off. Mine are huge and growing out of their little 4" pots already!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...