June 2, 2011

I Can't Believe I Did It Again

I can't believe I bought two more tomato seedlings at the farmer's market yesterday. But how can you resist names like 'Creme Brulee' and 'Chocolate Stripes'? I'm big into black tomatoes, so these will surely add to my collection.

In addition, I received an Orange Sungold from a friend. This will be the one and only hybrid in my garden this year, but I hear it is delicious.

Now my total tomato count is up to at least 115 plants (including 22 varieties). Many of these are for my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, or for the farmer's market (which starts Saturday, by the way). However, that still leaves 56 plants (including 21 varieties) for my personal garden. Good thing I expanded my garden so much this year.

A small portion of last year's haul.

It's gonna be a good summer...

4 comments:

  1. Good luck at the market. The Tomato Lady at my local farmers' market is the most popular stall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know I'm not the only one with a serious plant-hoarding issue.
    Good luck with the market starting this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping the market goes well (i.e. no thunderstorms and lots of customers). I'm a little concerned that my plants are a bit too small still, but I'm sure they will transplant fine and catch up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if I'll make it on Saturday, but I'd like to buy some of your tomato transplants!! Something in a currant/cherry size... let me know if you have any left!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...