July 11, 2011

Delicious Delicious Yogurt Popsicles

My friend Gina (a popsicle fanatic) inspired me to start making my own popsicles. Ironically, soon after she told me about her popsicle-making escapades, Jamie Oliver posted a recipe for Yogurt Pops on his Food Revolution website. While I didn't exactly follow his recipe, I did get the idea from him.

It actually took me a while to find a popsicle maker. I ended up finding one (and it was the very last one) at Target on 50% clearance (only $1.99)! What a great find!

My very own yogurt pops were made with 1 cup low fat strawberry yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup Jumex mango nectar (look in the hispanic food section of your grocery store).  I was just guessing, but the mixture I made was the perfect amount to fill my four-at-a-time popsicle maker. I froze the pops overnight and then ran them under hot water to release the popsicles. They taste really great! Creamy, sweet, and a little tangy from the yogurt.

Jumex makes quite an array of different fruit nectars, so I'm going to experiment with different flavors. I also made a couple popsicles with just mango nectar and they were also really tasty. 

I also may play around with making a chocolate strawberry popsicle (strawberry yogurt and a little chocolate syrup). Mmmm...sounds so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...