July 10, 2011

Keeping Up With My Speed-Of-Light Life

I've been up to all kinds of gardening and cooking-related mischief late last week and over this weekend! Hopefully I'll have time to write about it all soon.

In the meantime, here's a quick rundown of what I've been doing and making:

  • Acted as a tomato matchmaker (I can't wait to share this with you)
  • Foraged for about 9 pounds of wild black raspberries (and I have the scratches to prove it)
  • Scouted out some potential wild grape foraging locations
  • Pitted cherries (I don't even want to know how many more pounds I have done)
  • Made both black-raspberry and black-cherry vinegar
  • Made both black-raspberry and black-cherry shrub
  • Made both black-raspberry and black-cherry jam
  • Made both black-raspberry apple and black-cherry apple crumble (can you guess what I'm overloaded with?)
  • Made a yummy garden cucumber salad
  • Collected an egg that I highly suspect to be a double-yolker (we'll see)
  • Started hand pollinating my hard-shelled gourds (it's a nightly ritual)
  • Ate the first fava bean of my life (and I don't appear to suffer from favism)
  • Got a great idea for a new blog (that may or may not come to fruition)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...