I don't really have time to go into my recent jam making sessions in depth, but I thought I'd at least post some pictures of the process.
I picked between 9 and 10 pounds of black raspberries over the course of two trips to the woods and a few trips to my small backyard berry patch.
My lovely Roma food strainer. I don't own the screen that is meant for processing berries, but I used the apple/tomato screen with success (I just had to dismantle the whole thing halfway through and unclog the seeds from the screen).
The first run through the strainer I didn't get much pulp and I was a little worried!
I ran the waste material back through the strainer three or four times and got a lot more of the pulp out.
By the end, the waste product was almost entirely seeds.
I put the pulp in the fridge until canning time and I was surprised to see that it had completely jelled on its own. I still followed the jam recipe and added pectin though.
I can't actually remember if this photo shows raspberry jam or black cherry jam. I also ran my pitted black cherries through the food strainer. Cherries have such a high water content that the strained product was very thin, so I ended up making cherry jelly instead of jam.