April 7, 2011

Weekend Plans

I've been looking at the weather forecast a lot lately, hoping for a break from the cold and rain (and cold rain). I really hope the 63 degree cloudy day that is forecasted for this Saturday will actually happen. It has been weeks since the last time it was warm enough to let my chickens outside. Hopefully I can get them outside again this weekend.

I  will probably try to move the chickens to the garage coop soon, assuming I can find time to finish building it.  Maybe I'll find time this weekend in between starting hundreds of tomato seedlings, studying for my comprehensive exams (eek!), finishing a lecture on daily light integral, and collecting data on my greenhouse experiment. 

I know I won't have time next weekend because I will be attending the 2011 Spring Show and Plant Sale at the Michigan State University Plant & Soil Sciences Building.  Over 8,000 plants will be for sale with over 400 species including annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees. There will also be ornamental grasses for sale grown by your's truly!

If you are interested, the dates and times are:
  • Saturday April 16 from 9am to 6 pm
  • Sunday April 17 from 10am to 4 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...