July 5, 2011

Shallot Scapes

I accidentally missed a few clumps of shallots last fall and they have been growing like crazy this spring. I recently noticed some curlycue flower heads forming on them and got really excited. I recently tried garlic scapes for the first time and they were delicious. Could shallot scapes also be good?

Oh my yes! I think they were actually better than the garlic scapes. The half onion half garlic flavor was delicious and very strong.

I sauteed these little gems into an amazing stir fry with carrots, broccoli, and chicken.

1 comment:

  1. This year I took a big risk and turned my garlic scapes into a delectable pesto, with lime juice, and every other basil variety in the garden. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...